Monday, April 7, 2008

The Olympic Flame

Again I looked over the Olympics in China because I had a lot of free time at the school before class and I found an interesting article where in Paris the protesters of the games in China forced the police there to extinguish the torch three times because people got close or there were too many for the police to handle. Most of (if not all) the protest are in relation to China’s human rights violations in Tibet. I mean people are getting tackled by the police and people are breaking through trying to throw water on the torch (One guy tried it didn’t go out he went to jail) but it is a big deal I really don’t know what China has done in Tibet but Paris doesn’t approve of it. People were on bridges protesting the police had to take it on a secret bus (still didn’t help). It just makes me wonder what did they do that is so bad people don’t want the torch to make it to the country. I don’t know if the torch came here yet but the police is going to have their hands full.

No comments: